Full Time Scheduling/Billing specialist
We are looking for a reliable scheduling and billing specialist to perform administrative tasks to manage our behavioral health providers’ schedules, ensure accurate billing and collection for services. This is a key position that will have contact with clients, providers and billing agencies, including insurance companies and other funding sources. You will be responsible for helping to manage the recurring schedules for 20+ therapists, preparing invoices based on behavioral health guidelines, managing receivables and reporting status of accounts.
As a billing specialist, you must be accurate and reliable in handling accounts and documents. Friendly and service oriented when working with staff and clients. Other key skills with include strong organizational ability, problem solving and the ability to work independently. Proficiencies in data entry, mathematical computations and technical/computer skills, are a must.
This position works closely with the Program Office Manager.
• Enter weekly and recurring billable sessions for therapists into scheduling software
• Manage changes to recurring client schedules
• Add new clients to billing and scheduling software
• Create bi-annual schedules for clients with the support of the clinical team
• Optimize schedules for staff based on locations
• Maintenance of daily schedules for our providers
• Managing cancellations and rescheduling for behavioral intervention in our service facility, client’s home or community.
• Provide guidance to management of therapist availability for new client intake.
• Schedule special projects, as needed (e.g. summer programs, intensive workshops)
• Data entry of appointments from timesheets into billing software, including medical coding based on funding criteria.
• Weekly review of rendered sessions by therapists, in preparation for billing.
• Prepare and send invoices for private pay and agency clients bi-weekly
• Manage client accounts; prepare accurate invoices and statements and provide claim generation for out of network clients,.
• Identify and resolve patient billing questions and issues
• Send reminders for payments and manage delinquent accounts
• Process credit cards, make deposits and evaluate for credibility
• Input payment posting to ensure accurate customer ledgers
• Collaborate with 3rd party insurance billing agency to provide required schedule information in order for agency to submit insurance claims
• Provide accurate monthly aging reports to management